Since ‘Dear Zindagi’ trailer has been out, we can’t help but notice how cute and adorable SRK-Alia look together though they aren’t romantically involved in the movie. This confirmed it when the duo appeared together as guests on the first episode of Koffee with Karan 5.
SRK and Alia seemed very comfortable on the show as both are very good friends with Karan Johar. They were seen having a lot of fun on different questions asked by the host KJo.
Here are some of the highlights of the first episode of Koffee With Karan 5:
- Last season of the show, the first guest was Salman Khan and not SRK as it usual is, which led to the rumor mills ringing that SRK and KJo had a spat. Karan’s first question to SRK was why he didn’t come in the last season to which SRK replied in his usual witty humor, “I wanted the TRPs to drop a little. I took it so high in the first time”
- When Karan asked SRK why he had to justify his love for him, SRK was quick to reply “I had to justify nationalism and you had to show me some love. Why don’t we just release the picture of us kissing and even the one where we are married” he joked. Soon after, SRK and Karan added fights do happen irrespective of the relationship.
- Next was, if Alia Bhatt was dating anyone and the question was addressed to SRK. He said she is probably dating every young actor because he has heard about her link-ups every now and then. Alia said that she dated for the first time when she was 16 but at present, she is keeping herself off any kind of relationships. She also admitted to have never dated Varun Dhawan. When SRK was asked how many guys he thinks she has dated so far, he said, “I will be disappointed if there are two or four.”
- SRK’s daughter Suhana is also 16 and when Karan asked if SRK would be fine if she kisses somebody, the actor said he would rip off the boy’s lips. Though he smiled while saying this, we are sure we saw the protectiveness of SRK as a dad!
- When Karan asked Alia if she ever was attracted to her ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star SRK, she answered, “Of course! Even if I was dating it is okay to be attracted especially to SRK. I always loved him. It felt surreal to share the screen with him. While shooting the kabaddi-with-the-sea scene, Gauri told me to forget that he is SRK”
- SRK said that Alia Bhatt has got too good in the industry very soon and that she should she the bad phase as well in order to grow as an actor. However, he added that he is very overwhelmed at the speed Alia’s success rate is going. He said he loves Alia’s relentless attitude and the way she is emotional about her work but she should also get detached. In fact, he had a term for it too, “Demotional” (Detached + Emotional).
- At the rapid fire round, SRK won the gift hamper and he declared this is for his daughter Suhana.
- When asked who would she like to stalk, Alia replied it would be Kangana Ranaut because she loves her airport outfits. However, Alia also added she would like to know where Kangana Ranaut heads to every other day as she sees her dressed up so well in airport spotting.
- The amusing part of the show was when SRK’s answered to what he would ask Ranveer Singh left the audience in splits. He said, “I would like to know where he got the padded underwear which he is wearing in ‘Befikre’.” Karan asked if Ranveer is wearing padded underpants to which SRK said if he’s not, he is Ranveer’s fan.
- Karan joked about Alia’s blunder during her last appearance on the show – when she named Prithviraj Chauhan as the President of India – came into play. When asked what will SRK do if he woke up as Alia, the actor’s response was: I would read a newspaper.
- Shah Rukh admitted that his biggest mistake ever was to reject ‘3 Idiots’ and how his biography, if ever planned, will be named ‘Kal Ho Na Ho’. When SRK was asked what would be Salman Khan’s biography called, to which Shah Rukh said, “Kal Ho Na Ho phir bhi meri to chalti rahegi” to which everyone broke in fits of laughter.
Now that was really fun, wasn’t it? However, the fun doesn’t stop here. The next on couch will be the power couple Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna, followed by ‘Daawat-e-Ishq’ co-stars Aditya Roy Kapur and Parineeti Chopra. We are just looking forward to the Sundays from now!