Happy Birthday Ranbir Kapoor: Ranbir Kapoor’s Bollywood Journey – Tracking Ranbir kapoor’s Movies, Lifestyle, Personal and Professional Life.
Perhaps the oldest empire of Bollywood – The Kapoor empire, produced many of the finest actors till date. From Raj Kapoor to Shammi Kapoor to Rishi Kapoor to Karishma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. This family tradition of entering Bollywood industry was carried on by Ranbir Kapoor. Since the time he has set foot on Bollywood, he has taken the Cinema by storm. Ranbir’s adorable chocolate-boy looks and fine acting , gave the industry the ultimate heartthrob.
Ranbir Kapoor was born on 28 September 1982 in Mumbai to Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor. He is the great-grandson of Prithviraj Kapoor and the grandson of actor-director Raj Kapoor.
Read on to know the Ranbir Kapoor’s Bollywood Journey through the movies he has done in seven years.
1) Saawariya (2007): Ranbir was casted alongside Sonam Kapoor and Rani Mukherjee by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. The film tells the story of a tramp, Ranbir Raj, who falls obsessively in love with a woman awaiting the return of her lover. The movie failed miserably at the Box Office. However, at the annual Filmfare Awards, Kapoor was awarded a Best Male Debut trophy.
2) Bachna As Haseeno (2008): Directed by Siddharth Anand, the film was his first commercial success, in which his role was that of Raj Sharma, a womaniser who is romantically involved with three women, played by Minissha Lamba, Bipasha Basu and Deepika Padukone at different stages of his life.
3) Wake up Sid (2009): Directed by Ayaan Mukerjee, Kapoor portrayed Siddharth “Sid” Mehra, a rich, lazy teenager whose life undergoes a series of changes after interacting with an ambitious journalist played by Konkana Sen Sharma. When Mukerji narrated the then-untitled script of the film to him, Kapoor came up with the title himself. The media expressed doubt on the film’s financial prospect as it depicted a romantic relationship between a younger man and an older woman. However, the film went on to become a hit.
4) Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahaani (2009): Co-starred along Katrina Kaif, this slapstick comedy directed by Rajkumar Santoshi became an instant hit and made Ranbir explore his comic side.
5) Rocket Singh-Salesman of the Year (2009): Directed by Shimit Amin, the movie was a drama about a Sardar who aspires to be a salesman. Kapoor was awarded the Filmfare Crits award for Best Actor for his performances in all three of his 2009 releases.
6) Raajneeti (2010): Prakash Jha’s big-budget ensemble political thriller, was Kapoor’s first release of 2010. The film, which starred Ajay Devgn, Arjun Rampal, Manoj Bajpai, Nana Patekar and Katrina Kaif in prominent roles, was inspired by the Indian epic the Mahabharatha and novel The Godfather. Ranbir played Samar Pratap (based on the characters of Arjuna and Michael Corleon), the youngest heir of an Indian political dynasty, who is reluctantly drawn to politics after the assassination of his father. Ranbir got to explore his ‘mature side’ with this role and he received a third Best Actor nomination at Filmfare for the film.
7) Anjaana Anjaani (2010): Ranbir teamed up with Priyanka Chopra for this movie whose plot was two strangers who vow to commit suicide on New Years Eve and then realized that life was to celebrate. The film was an average hit but received little praise from the critics.
8) Rockstar (2011): Kapoor took on the role of Janardhan “Jordan” Jakhar in the Imtiaz Ali directorial – a drama that follows the journey of an aspiring musician from a humble background to international stardom. In preparation for the role, Kapoor lived with a Jat family to study their mannerisms. He additionally learned to play the guitar and practised extensively at A.R Rahman’s studio. Ranbir won both the Best Actor and Best Actor (Critics) trophies at the 57th Filmfare Award ceremony, along with Best Actor awards at Screen and IIFA.
9) Barfi! (2012): Directed by Anurag Basu, the film (set in the 1970s) tells the story of a deaf and mute man, who falls in love with a woman who is already engaged (played by Ileana D’Cruz and later, an autistic girl (played by Priyanka Chopra). Barfi! received praise from the critics, and the performances of the three lead actors were acclaimed. The film was submitted as India’s official entry for the 85th Academy Award, and was screened at the Busan International Film Festival. Ranbir also won second consecutive Best Actor awards at the Filmfare, Screen and IIFA Award ceremonies.
10) Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani: Teamed up with director-best friend Ayaan Mukherjee again, Ranbir was cast alongside ex-girlfriend Deepika Padukone. He was cast as Kabir “Bunny” Thapar, a commitment-phobic photographe. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani opened to record-breaking collections, and emerged as
one of the Highest Grossing Films of All Times. It also earned him another Best Actor nomination at Filmfare.
11) Besharam(2013): Abhinav Kashyap’s action-comedy film in which he played a petty thief, alongside debutant Pallavi Sharma and Ranbir’s parents. The film met with an overwhelming negative reception and emerged a failure. It is considered to be a Black Spot in Ranbir’s hugely successful career.
12) Roy: Directed by Vicky Singh, this romantic thriller also stars co-star Jacqueline Fernandez and Arjun Rampal. The movie was a big flop at Box Office.
13) Bombay Velvet: A period film from director Anurag Kashyap co-starring Anushka Sharma, Raveena Tandon and Karan Johar. Its based on the historian Gyan Prakash’s book Mumbai Fables. The film was thrashed by critics as well as audience. The biggest Box Office disaster of all time.
14) Tamasha: Ranbir has teamed again with Imtiaz Ali’s for this romantic drama with Deepika Padukone.
Happy Birthday Ranbir Kapoor : Ranbir Kapoor’s Bollywood Journey – Personal Life
Ranbir first dated Deepika Padukone on the sets of Bachna Ae Haseeno but broke up a year later stating that the breakup was amicable. However, he later resorted to saying that he was ‘immature’ and he opted out of it.
It later came forward that the reason for breakup was the growing closeness between Ranbir-Katrina on the sets of Ajab Prem ki Gazab Kahani. The couple have been dating since then, but chose not to disclose it to the media as they prefer privacy.
However, in 2013 , The leaked pictures of Ranbir and Katrina spotted at Ibiza having a good time on the beach proved the rumors true.
The couple are reportedly now moving in their new house together very soon.
7 years of Ranbir Kapoor : Ranbir Kapoor’s Bollywood Journey – Off-Screen work
In addition to acting, Kapoor is a football enthusiast and supports several charities and organisations. He is the vice-captain of the All Stars Football Club, a celebrity football club that raises money for charity.
In March 2013, he played the game to raise funds for the Magic Funds Organization, an NGO for underprivileged children.
Along with the chartered accountant Bimal Parekh, Kapoor acquired ownership rights in 2014 for the Mumbai-based football team of the Indian Super League.
Ranbir Kapoor has also partnered with the digital music company Saavn as a content and programming adviser
Blog to Bollywood wishes Ranbir Kapoor a very Happy Birthday and best wishes of his future projects.