Top Bollywood Grossers: Baahubali 2, Dangal, Sanju and PK are the highest grossing Bollywood movies of all time.
We present the list of highest grossing movies of Bollywood. In this list, we will have a look at the highest grossing Hindi movies of all time along with details like star cast, release date and total collection. South Indian blockbuster Baahubali 2 is the highest grossing Hindi movie of all time with the collection of 511 crores. We have given it a place in the list as the Hindi version of the movie collected 511 crores at the Indian Box Office.
Aamir Khan’s Dangal is the second position in the list with the lifetime box office collection of Rs 387.8 crore. Let’s have a detailed look at the list of highest grossing Bollywood movies of all time.
1) Baahubali 2 (Rs 511 crore)
Directed by SS Rajamouli and starring Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Baahubali 2 is the highest grossing Hindi movie of all time in India. The Hindi version of the movie collected Rs 511 crore in India. No other Bollywood movie except it has even crossed Rs 400 crore mark.
2) Dangal (Rs 387.8 crore)
Dangal is a biopic of wrestler Mahaveer Singh Phogat. The film tells the story of Mahaveer Phogat and his wrestler daughters Geeta and Babita Phogat. This motivational film worked well among masses and classes. Released on 23 Dec 2016, Dangal is the highest grossing Bollywood movie with the lifetime collection of Rs 387.8 crore.
3) Sanju (Rs 342.53 crore)
Directed by Rajkumar Hirani, Sanju is a commercial biopic of actor Sanjay Dutt. Starring Ranbir Kapoor as Sanjay Dutt, the film received superb response across the country. It crossed 300 crore mark despite being a non-festive release.
4) PK (Rs 340.8 crore)
Another Rajkumar Hirani film is on the list. Released on 19 Dec 2014, PK is a story of an alien on Earth who loses the only device he can use to communicate with his spaceship. His innocent nature and child-like questions force the country to evaluate the impact of religion on its people.
5) Tiger Zinda Hai (Rs 339.16 crore)
Starring Salman Khan and Karina Kaif, Tiger Zinda Hai is a sequel to 2012 blockbuster hit Ek Tha Tiger. Released on 22 Dec 2017, the movie earned 300+ crore in India.
6) Bajrangi Bhaijaan (Rs 320.34 crore)
Salman Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Harshali Malhotra starrer Bajrangi Bhaijaan is an emotional story of a Pakistani girl who gets lost in India. The film shows how a man from India faces numerous challenges when he tries to reunite Munni with her family in Pakistan. Bajrangi Bhaijaan is among the most loved film of Bollywood.
7) WAR (Rs 317.91 crore)
Starring Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff, this high octane action thriller is the highest grossing movie of 2019. Directed by Siddharth Anand, WAR is the first 300 crore grosser for Hrithik and Tiger.
8) Padmaavat (Rs 302.15 crore)
Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Padmaavat stars Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor. Released amidst protest from Hindu religious groups like Karni Sena the film crossed 300 crore mark at the domestic box office.
9) Sultan (Rs 300.45 crore)
Directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, Sultan star Salman Khan and Anushka Sharma in the lead role. The film tells the of Sultan Ali Khan, a middle-aged wrestler, who gives up wrestling after his son’s death. Years later, he returns back to the wrestling ring to regain his lost respect.
10) Dhoom 3 (Rs 284.27 crore)
Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, Dhoom 3 is the third movie of the famous Dhoom franchise. The movie stars Aamir Khan, Katrina Kaif and Abhishek Bachchan in the lead roles.
Top Bollywood Grossers: Highest Grossing Bollywood Movies
|Film||Year of |
|Box Office Collection||Verdict|
|Tiger Zinda Hai||2017||339.16||Blockbuster|
|Uri: The Surgical Strike||2019||245.36||ATBB|
|Krrish 3||2013||244.92||Super Hit|
|Prem Ratan Dhan Payo||2015||208.88||Super Hit|
|Housefull 4||2019||208||Super Hit|
|Golmaal Again||2017||205.69||Super Hit|
|Happy New Year||2014||203||Super Hit|
|Mission Mangal||2019||202.98||Super Hit|
Interesting facts about top Bollywood grossers
1) The top Bollywood grosser record was securely held by 3 Idiots for almost 4 years from 2009 to 2013. The record was finally broken by Chennai Express in 2013. Records continued to be shattered in 2013 with Dhoom 3 emerges as the top Bollywood grosser in December 2013. The record was not held long as Aamir Khan’s PK becomes the first 300 crores grosser in December 2014. Aamir Khan’s Dangal became the highest grossing movie of Bollywood on 8 Jan 2017.
2) Salman Khan dominates the list with as many as six movies in the list of top 20 Bollywood grossers. Salman Khan is followed by Aamir Khan who has four movies in the list. Other prominent members of this the list are Sharukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Ajay Devgn, Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh.
3) Talking about the actresses, Deepika Padukone rules the list with five movies in the list of top 20 Bollywood grossers. Anushka Sharma has three while Katrina has four movies in the list.
What are your views on this list of top grossers of Bollywood? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.
Last updated on 29 Jan 2020.
Note: The Box Office report listed above is compiled from various sources. Blog to Bollywood does not make any claims about the authenticity of the data.