Aamir Khan, Sakshi Tanwar, Fatima Sana Shaikh, Zaira Wasim and Sanya Malhotra starrer Dangal was released on 23 Dec 2016. Exceeding all expectations, it emerged as the highest grossing Bollywood movie. After eight weeks of an unbelievable run, Dangal has completed its Box Office journey. Let’a have a detailed look at Dangal lifetime collection and Box Office verdict.
Dangal Total Box Office Collection: Highlights
Dangal 1st Day Collection: 29.78 crores
Dangal 1st Weekend Collection: 107.01 crores (2.5 crores from dubbed versions)
Dangal 1st Week Collection: 197.54 crores (6 crores from dubbed versions)
Dangal 2nd Week Collection: 97.6 crores
Dangal Lifetime collection: 387 crores (6 crores from dubbed versions)
Dangal Lifetime collection (Overseas): $30 M (204 crores)
Total Collection: Budget, Revenue and Profit/Loss
Cost and recovery
Production Cost: 70 crores (excluding Aamir Khan’s fee)
Prints and Publicity Cost: 20 crores
Total Costs to Recover for Producers/Distributors: 90 crores
India Theatrical Distributor Share: 189 crores (182 crores Hindi + 7 crores Dubbed)
Overseas Distributor Share: 96 crores
Satellite Rights: 70 crores (Zee TV)
Music Rights: 10 crores (Zee Music)
Home Video rights: 3 crores
Branding, digital, and other associations: 20 crores
For producers/distributors = (189+96+70+10+3+20) – (90) = 298 crores (Profit)
Aamir Khan’s profit: Aamir khan has 55% stakes in Dangal profits. Thus, the actor made almost 164 crores in remuneration. With 164 crores, Aamir Khan becomes the highest paid Bollywood actor of all time.
Dangal Lifetime Collection and Verdict
Dangal worldwide Box Office collection (nett): 387 crores + 204 crores = 591 crores
Dangal worldwide Box Office collection (gross): 539 crores + 204 crores = 743 crores
Final Verdict: ATBB (Highly profitable for producers and distributors)
Dangal Lifetime Collection And Box Office Verdict: Highlights
- Dangal is the highest grossing movie of all time with the collection of 387 crores. It is the first Bollywood movie to cross 350 crore, 375 crore milestone.
- Second film after PK to gross 700 crores worldwide.
- Second highest first week grosser of Bollywood after Sultan.
- Aamir Khan is the first Bollywood Actor to take home 150 crores plus (164 crores) as remuneration/profit sharing for any film.
- Aamir Khan becomes the only actor to deliver three back to back ATBB( Dhoom 3 in 2013, PK in 2014 and Dangal in 2016).
- Dangal is the first Bollywood movie which has grossed 200 crores in overseas in its first phase of release.
- Aamir Khan becomes the only Bollywood actor with three 500 crores worldwide grosser. Salman Khan has two movies in Sultan and Bajrangi Bhaijaan while Shah Rukh Khan has none.
- Dangal is the most watched movie is recent times beating Bajrangi Bhaijaan. (In terms of footfalls)
Dangal Movie Details
Release Date: 23/12/2016
Star Cast: Aamir Khan, Fatima Sana Sheikh, Sanya Malhotra, Zaira Wasim, Aparshakti Khurrana etc.
Director: Nitesh Tiwari
Producer: Aamir Khan films and Disney UTV Films.
Music Director: Pritam
Screen Count: 4250 Screens Hindi + 150 Screens Telugu + 200 Screens Tamil = 4600(India) + 1000 Screens (Overseas)
You may also like: