The eight day long MAMI Film Festival 2016 kick-started with a star studded opening ceremony last night. The event took place in the Royal Opera House in Mumbai which opened after 23 years! To embrace the event were celebs who made some stunning appearances on the red carpet.
The festival director Anupama Chopra and chairperson of the board Kiran Rao, were present with their respective husbands Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Aamir Khan. Others who attended the show were Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan, Jacqueline Fernandez, Kalki Koechlin, Dia Mirza, Abhay Deol, Diana Penty, Genelia and Riteish Deshmukh, Shabana Azmi, Huma Qureshi, Harshvardhan Kapoor, Imran Khan, Richa Chadha, Jackie Shroff, Mini Mathur, Mukesh and Nita Ambani, Naina and Kunal Kapoor, Nandita Das, Natasha Poonawalla, and Poonam Dhillon. Joining them were directors Zoya Akhtar and Ayan Mukerji, singer Sona Mohapatra, novelist Shobhaa De and photographer Atul Kasbekar.
The 18th edition of Jio Mumbai Academy of Moving Image(MAMI) Film Festival 2016 will continue till October 27 and will feature movies from around the globe. Take a look at the picture gallery:
1. Power Couple
2. Abhay Deol looks stylish at MAMI Film Festival
3. Dia Mirza in Varun Bahl
4. Diana Penty in Amit Aggarwal
5. Awesome Twosome!
6. Jacqueline Fernandes in Anamika Khanna
7. Mukesh and Nita Ambani at MAMI Film Festival
8. Aamir and Kiran at MAMI Film Festival
9. Huma Qureshi in Payal Singhal
10. Hot Newbie in tinseltown!
11. Kalki Koechlin in Nimish Shah
12. Festival director and chairperson