Tubelight box office prediction: Check the first day, first weekend, first week and lifetime box office collection prediction of Tubelight.
Salman Khan’s Tubelight is one of the most awaited movies of this year. Directed by Kabir Khan, Tubelight is an official adaptation of Hollywood movie Little Boy. Salman Khan fans are super excited as their favourite star is back with another release on Eid. Salman has been ruling the box office for the last ten years. His last 10 movies have crossed 100 crores mark at the domestic box office. His last two Eid releases, Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015) and Sultan (2016) earned 300+ crores in India and the same is expected from Kabir Khan’s Tubelight. Tubelight is Salman Khan and Kabir Khan’s third collaboration after blockbusters Ek Tha Tiger and Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
Going by the first impressions, the movie looks like an emotional war drama. Tubelight is an adaptation of the 2015 Hollywood movie ‘Little Boy’. The trailer and songs of the movie have received good response from the audience. Tubelight looks like a movie with long legs. If accepted by the audience, it will play a long inning at the box office like Aamir Khan’s Dangal and PK.
Considering that the movie is releasing on Eid, we are assured that it will add to Salman Khan’s blockbusters list. As per our predictions, Salman Khan’s film will set the domestic box office on fire. (Read: Tubelight budget and screen count)
Tubelight Box Office Prediction: Positives & Negatives
- Salman Khan and Kabir Khan’s Jodi has been super successful. They have earlier delivered two blockbuster movies, Ek Tha Tiger and Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
- Release period: Salman Khan’s movie on Eid is a super hit before release. His fans are eagerly waiting for Tubelight and going by Salman’s recent track record in Eid, we can expect Tubelight to create havoc at the box office.
- Good early reports: There are reports that Tubelight is among the best films of Kabir Khan.
- Good trailer: The emotional trailer has been loved by all.
- Super Hit Songs: All songs of the movie have made it to the chartbusters list.
- Salman Khan’s stardom is enough to give a huge boost to the film.
- Supporting star cast looks weak.
- The movie lacks commercial value like most Salman Khan films.
- Absence of popular leading lady.
Tubelight Box Office Prediction: Opening And Lifetime Collection
Salman Khan’s last three EID releases, KICK, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Sultan recorded superb opening. All of them earned 25+ crores on the first day and went on to become huge blockbusters at the domestic box office. Considering Salman’s track record on EID, we can expect Tubelight to take a solid opening in the range of 25 to 27 crores.
The movie has been made on a budget of around 100 crores including the promotion and advertising cost. If the content turns out to be good, there are strong chances that Tubelight will become Salman Khan’s third consecutive 300 crore movie after Sultan and Bajrangi Bhaijaan. Movies like Tubelight may not get a bumper opening but they are expected to run for long period. Here is our box office prediction considering that the WOM is mixed to positive.
Opening day collection prediction: 25 to 27 crores
First weekend collection prediction: 85 to 90 crores
First week collection prediction: 180+ crores
Lifetime collection prediction: 300+ crores
Produced by Salman Khan films, Tubelight also features Sohail Khan and Chinese actress Zhu Zhu. The movie will hit the theatres on 23 Jun 2017.
What are your expectations from Tubelight? Share your views with us in the comments section. Predict the lifetime box office collection of Tubelight.