Salman Khan’s Tubelight is the most awaited Bollywood movie of the year. The teaser of the movie was finally released yesterday and as expected it received heaps of love and praises from celebs and fans. Salman Khan’s innocent avatar was loved by everyone and now the fans are eagerly waiting for the film’s release.
While Salman is all geared up to set the box office on fire with another Eid release, we came to know that the movie is a copy of Hollywood film ‘Little Boy’ that came out in 2015. There have been reports of Tubelight being inspired by ‘Little Boy’. A comparison between the two films suggests that there are too many similarities. Have a look:
- Salman Khan is playing a little boy from the original film. The 8-year-old boy in the movie ‘Little Boy’ was played by Jakob Salvati. He played a boy who is very close to his father. Who is left alone when his father goes to fight in the World War 2.
- In Tubelight, the role of the father has been replaced by Sohail Khan. Sohail will play Salman’s brother in the film who left him alone to fight for India in the Indo-China war 1962.
- While Salman Khan has a Chinese child playing his friend in ‘Tubelight’ while in ‘Little Boy’ a Japanese man was Jakob Salvati friend.
- Shah Rukh Khan is playing a cameo in ‘Tubelight’. His character in the film is a magician. Ben Chaplin played the magician’s role in the original ‘Little Boy’.
- Even the taglines of the two movies sound similar. While the tagline of ‘Little Boy’ was ‘Believe the impossible’, the tagline mentioned on Tubelight poster is ‘Kya tumhe yakeen hai’
Whether inspired or original, we are assured that Salman Khan and Kabir Khan has another box office blockbuster in their hands. They will rewrite the box office history, much like their previous films, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Ek Tha Tiger.
Tubelight also stars Om Puri and Chinese actress Zhu Zhu. The movie is slated for release on 23 June 2017.