Shahrukh Khan’s ‘Fan‘ was released on 15 April 2016 amidst a lot of expectations. After a decent opening weekend with the collection of 52.35 crores, the movie bombed at the Box Office. ‘Fan’ is Shahrukh Khan’s first flop since ‘Paheli’ in 2005. After three weeks of horrible run at the Box Office, the movie has wrapped up its Box Office journey. Let’s have a look at the total collection/cost/revenue and Box Office verdict of Fan.
Fan Total Box Office Collection: Highlights
Fan 1st Day Collection: 19.2 crores
Fan 1st Weekend Collection: 52.35 crores
Fan 1st Week Collection: 71.5 crores
Fan 2nd Week Collection: 10 crores
Fan 3rd Week Collection: 2 crores
Fan Lifetime collection: 84.1 crores (Domestic only)
Fan Lifetime collection (Overseas): $ 10.25 M (68.3 crores)
Here are some interesting facts about Shahrukh Khan’s Fan.
- Second highest grosser of 2016 after Akshay Kumar’s Airlift.
- Highest opening weekend grosser of 2016.
- Second highest opening week grosser of 2016 after Akshay Kumar’s Airlift.
- Highest opening day grosser of 2016.
- Despite poor performance in domestic circuits, Fan is the highest overseas grosser of 2016.
- ‘Fan’ is the second highest worldwide grosser of 2016 after Airlift.
- ‘Fan’ is first Shahrukh Khan film in last six year to miss 200 crore mark worldwide.
Fan Total Collection: Budget, Revenue and Profit/Loss
Cost and recovery
Production Cost: 85 crores (Without Shahrukh Khan’s Fees/Remuneration)
Prints and Publicity Cost: 20 crores
Total Costs to Recover for Producers/Distributors: 105 crores
India Theatrical Distributor Share: 41 crores
Overseas Distributor Share: 30 crores
Satellite Rights:35-40 crores (Shahrukh Khan’s fee)
Music Rights: 1.5 crores (Yash Raj Music)
Home Video rights: 1.5 crore
For India distributors/producers: 105 – (41+30+1.5+1.5) = 31 crores (Loss)
Total loss of 31 crores for the producers/distributors
Fan Lifetime Collection and Verdict
Fan total Box Office collection: 84.1 crores + 68.3 crores = 152.4 crores
Total gross collection: 116.2 crores + 68.3 crores = 184.5 crores
Final Verdict: Flop (Loss for producers/distributors)
Stay tuned to Blog to Bollywood for more Box Office news and reports.