The sequel to 2012 blockbuster Ek Tha Tiger, Tiger Zinda Hai will hit the theaters on 22 Dec 2017. Check the box office prediction of the film.
The most awaited Bollywood movie of the year, Salman Khan’s Tiger Zinda Hai will hit the big screens on Friday. It is a sequel to 2012 blockbuster film Ek Tha Tiger. Like every Salman Khan film, it has created tremendous pre-release buzz. The trailer has become the most watched and liked Bollywood trailer of all time. Everyone including trade experts, moviegoers have huge expectations from the film. Th
e trade experts have already declared it the next blockbuster of Bollywood. Now, the big question are. Will it become the top Bollywood grosser of all time? Will it become the biggest hit for Salman Khan? Let’s have a detailed look at Tiger Zinda Hai box office prediction.
Tiger Zinda Hai Box Office Prediction: Positives with the movie
1) The movie has created tremendous pre-release buzz. The trailer has received unanimous response and the songs have been loved by the music lovers. From the trailer, it looks like the most promising Bollywood movie of the year.
2) Salman Khan in itself is a big reason to watch this movie. His last release, Tubelight may have tanked at the box office but the stakes are always high with Salman Khan film.
3) Release Date: No one dares to take on with Salman Khan. TZH is releasing on a perfect day. With four days extended weekend and no competition from previous week movies, the movie is expected to make it large.
4) Ali Abbas Zafar: Zafar’s last film Sultan was a big blockbuster at the box office. With Salman reuniting with him once again, we can expect something magical.
5) Sequel factor: TZH is a sequel to 2012 blockbuster Ek Tha Tiger. Released on Eid 2012, Ek Tha Tiger recorded the highest opening of that time, earning 32.92 crores. It was the first movie to cross 100 crores in just 5 days.
6) Salman and Katrina Kaif’s dream pair: Salman and Katrina are reuniting after a long gap of 5 years. They were last seen together in Ek Tha Tiger, in which their chemistry was very much appreciated.
Tiger Zinda Hai Box Office Prediction: Opening And Lifetime
Keeping all above positives in mind, we are expecting Tiger Zinda Hai to take an earth shattering opening at the box office. As per our prediction, the first day collection of the movie should be around 38 crores. It will be one of the biggest openings of all time. In case of positive word of mouth, the movie will definitely cross 150 crores in the first weekend (It will be an extended opening weekend as Monday 25th December is a Christmas holiday).
So far, two Salman Khan movies, Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Sultan have crossed 300 crores at the domestic box office. With the current buzz and considering the above points, Tiger Zinda Hai should become his third 300 crore movie. It has a potential to shatter all box office records and emerge as highest grossing movie of Bollywood.
Tiger Zinda Hai Box Office Economics And Analysis
TZH is one of the most expensive films of Bollywood. It will release on 4000+ screens in India. The budget of the movie is 140 crores excluding Salman Khan’s fees. Salman Khan will take profit sharing like he did at the time of Sultan. Now, let’s talk about the economics of the film.
|Verdict||Domestic Collection (INR)|
|All-Time Blockbuster||370 crore|
|Super Hit||270 crore|
|Flop||Less than 160 crore|
|Disaster||Less than 120 crore|
As you can see in above table, TZH needs to earn 220 crores to be in a safe zone. This is a dream number for any other movie. Though the expectations are big and the movie will take huge opening, crossing 220 crores will not be a cakewalk. It will become tough if the content fails to impress the audience.
As the expectations are huge, anything below 300 crores will be a dissatisfying number for producers and exhibitors. Now, let’s have a look at opening day and lifetime collection prediction of Tiger Zinda hai based on the word of mouth of the movie.
Tiger Zinda Hai Opening Day Collection: 38 crores
If the word of mouth turns out positive
First Weekend: 150 to 155 crores
First Week: More than 230 crores
Lifetime collection: 350+ crores
Verdict: Blockbuster or ATBB
If the word of mouth turns out mixed
First Weekend: 135 to 150 crores
First Week: More than 200 crores
Lifetime collection: 250+ crores
Verdict: Super Hit
If the word of mouth turns out negative
First Weekend: 110 to 130 crores
First Week: More than 150 crores
Lifetime collection: 180+ crores
We have compiled this prediction report based on our experience, thorough research and keeping all above factors in mind. Have a look at the film details:
Director: Ali Abbas Zafar
Music: Visha Shekhar
Produced by: Yash raj Films
Release Date: 22 Dec 2017
Budget: 140 crores (excluding Salman Khan’s fees)
Watch the trailer of the film:
Tiger Zinda Hai Box Office Prediction: Your Views
This is our report on Tiger Zinda Hai box office prediction. What are your expectations from Tiger Zinda Hai? Do you think, it will become Salman Khan’s highest grossing movie? Share your views and predictions with us in the comments section. Also, predict the lifetime collection of the movie.