Akshay Kumar is in news as his latest release, Jolly LLB 2 crossed 100 crores mark in India. Jolly LLB 2 is Akshay Kumar’s fourth consecutive 100 crore grosser. His fans are elated and promoting this achievement on social media accounts. However, Akshay is not the only actor who has delivered four consecutive 100 crore movies. Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan have already done it. (Read: Akshay Kumar’s 100 Movies)
From 2011 to 2015, SRK delivered six consecutive 100 crore movies. He hasn’t managed to carry it forward as FAN released in April 2015 failed to cross 100 crore mark. Salman Khan is the undisputed king of 100 crore movies. His last 10 movies have entered the elite 100 crore club and it seems that the trend will continue for next couple of years. (Read: Shah Rukh Khan’s 100 Movies)
Aamir Khan’s last three movie have crossed the 100 crore mark and the trend it seems will continue with his upcoming movies in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Let’s have a look at the list of actors with most consecutive 100 crore movies.
- Salman Khan (11 films – 9 years) – Dabangg, Ready, Bodyguard, Ek Tha Tiger, Dabangg 2, Jai Ho, Kick, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, Sultan and Tubelight.
- Shahrukh Khan (6 films – 4 years) – Ra One, Don 2, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Chennai Express, Happy New Year, Dilwale (ended with FAN).
- Akshay Kumar (5 films – 2 years) – Airlift, Housefull 3, Rustom, Jolly LLB 2 and Toilet: Ek Prem Katha.
- Aamir Khan (3 films – 3 years) – Dhoom 3, PK and Dangal.
- Hrithik Roshan (3 films – 3 years) – Agneepath, Krrish 3, Bang Bang (ended with Mohenjo Daro)
Note: Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Aamir Khan records are still unbroken. Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan 100 crore runs have ended. (Read: Salman Khan’s 100 Movies)