Welcome is back after a long period of eight years as Welcome Back again directed by Anees Bazmee. The star cast includes the regulars Nana Patekar, Anil Kapoor and Paresh Rawal with the addition of John Abraham, Shruti Haasan and Naseeruddin Shah. The album comprises of a total 10 tracks and a number of composers. Here’s Welcome Back Music Review-
1. Tutti Bole Wedding Di- Tutti Bole Wedding Di is a predictable album opener. This wedding number is composed and sung by Meet Bros Anjjan with Shipra Goyal. A typical loud number with lots of chorus, which will definitely be a hit in Indian Weddings.
2. 20-20- 20-20 is the item song of the album composed by Anu Malik. This song reminds us a lot of Tinku Jiya, another Anu Malik composition. It’s a raunchy number by the item song queen Mamta Sharma but with senseless lyrics.
3. Welcome Back (Title Track)- The Welcome Back Title Track is one good thing in the album. It’s a high on energy club number composed by Music Mg. Mika Singh and Geeta Jhala lend their voices to the song. The title track of Welcome was a hit and the original Welcome riff is used in all the versions of Welcome Back.
4. Meet Me Daily Baby- Along with Pawni Pandey and Hyasinth D’Souza, Siddhant Madhav delivers Meet Me Daily Baby trying hard to make it peppy and groovy but the outcome is quite annoying. The lyrics are by Arafat Mehmood. The song is nothing extraordinary and may gain a little popularity at best.
5. Time Lagaye Kaiko- John Abraham makes his singing debut in Nitin Raikwar-written Time Lagaye Kaiko. A pathetic attempt at a conversational number like Ae Kya Bolti Tu, John Abraham fails miserably as a singer while Anmol Malik does a decent job. We hope John never tries such a stunt again.
6. Nas Nas Mein- Nas Nas Mein is the kind of song we expect from Aanand Raaj Aanand. Meet Bros Anjjan try to do what he does with the unimpressing lyrics of Kumaar. Shabab Sabri, Rani Hazarika and Deane Sequiera join them but to no good. This song is totally forgettable.
7. Damaa Dam Mast Kalandar- The evergreen Damaa Dam Mast Kalandar in the voices of Mika Singh and (surprisingly!) Yo Yo Honey Singh is also included in the album. Mika sings it with all his heart and Honey Singh fits in well! This song stands out from the party numbers in the album, but trust me its a good change.
8. Welcome Back (Beat Mix)- Welcome Back-Beat Mix is a party-version of Welcome Back-Title Track. The Beat mix is again quite enjoyable and should be a hit with the party-goers.
9. Meet Me Daily Baby (Beat Mix)- In the Beat Mix version of Meet Me Daily Baby, Harshit Saxena steps into the shoes of Siddhant. It sounds almost similar to the original with some minor additions and vocal changes. Nevertheless, it is still dull.
10. Welcome Back (Theme)- Abhishek Ray has composed and sung this version of Welcome Back and it is full of Jazz. Though it is completely different from the other versions and will probably be used at the introductory time. I can’t imagine this song taking any another space in the movie. Another letdown!
Welcome Back‘s soundtrack has nothing new to offer us. All the songs give a feeling of ‘been there-done that’. Though there are a few party numbers which may be successful commercially.
Welcome Back Music Reviuew: Final verdict
Anees Bazmee makes his movies for the masses, even the soundtrack of his movies are for the masses. Listen at your own risk!