Rangoon is the magnum opus for Director Vishal Bhardwaj. Want to know why? Find out below.
Vishal Bhardwaj’s Rangoon stars Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Kangana Ranaut in lead roles. Here are some facts which will make you as excited as we are for the movie-
1. In the words of Vishal Bhardwaj himself, “Rangoon is a classic tale that will have the musical charm of Moulin Rouge, the romance of Casablanca and the intensity and drama of Saving Private Ryan.” Rangoon is also set against the backdrop of World War II.
2. Bhardwaj has wanted to make this film for the last eight years. He has finally managed to get a producer, Sajid Nadiadwala who will provide all the finances required to transform Bhardwaj’s dream into a reality.
3. Rangoon is a very ambitious project. The film is not only a huge budget, but it also requires someone who believes in it and allows Bhardwaj to make it the way he has envisioned it. He says, “I have made eight movies until now. However, I must add here that the scale of all those films put together is on one side and that of Rangoon, alone, is on the other.”
4. The film will be shot at Arunachal Pradesh and Mumbai and it requires a lot of post-production work due to huge sets. Bhardwaj says, “I have to make sure that everything looks very authentic. Right from the shoes till the wall paintings, everything needs to reflect the culture of that era (World War 2 era). For Rangoon, I have to be technically very perfect.”
5. Interestingly, Kangana Ranaut will be traveling to New York City to research for her role. She also went to island in Mexico to learn solo living.
Rangoon is slated to release on 24 Feb 2017. The trailer of the movie has received good response and the songs of the movie have also been loved by the audience.
More on Rangoon:
Last Updated on