Sweet Magnolias is a Netflix show that has created many fans over its two-season run in the last few years. If you are one of those who are desperately anticipating the new season of Sweet Magnolia, then we’d suggest you be patient.
Considering how the show ended in season 2 with a crazy cliff-hanger it is safe to assume that season 3 is bound to be green-lighted sooner or later by Netflix. However, there is no word of comfort given yet by the streaming service. So you can know that so far the arrival of season 3 Sweet Magnolia is still uncertain and with what it seems that Netflix is planning to keep us waiting for long.
Even though the release of the next season is far ahead, we are sure that the renewal update is right around the corner. So don’t worry. In the meantime, get all the updates about the show to cover every detail we know so far about the fan favourite show.
When is the Sweet Magnolias season 3 release date?
Just as mentioned Netflix has not released any certain date or renewal updates about the Sweet Magnolia Season 3. But chances are it will soon get picked up to continue its run, considering how successful the first two seasons were.
Unfortunately, we cannot expect the show in 2022, however, there is a great chance that season 3 will be released somewhere in 2023. The latest season of Sweet Magnolia was released in February 2022, therefore it’s fair to assume they will plan to follow the same release schedule for the next season.
You may like: Never Have I Ever Season 4
Who is in the cast of Sweet Magnolias Season 3?
From what we know so far it seems like the entire cast is ready to hop on board to return for the third season. The show is based on a group of three best friend’s in their 30s to 40s, who have named their group sweet magnolia. Here’s a look at the cast:
- Heather Headley will reprise the role of Helen Decatur: One of the three leading ladies, who is an accomplished attorney and best friends with Dana and Maddie.
- Brooke Elliot will return as Dana Sue Sullivan: The second Best Friend who is a chef and owns her restaurant called Sullivan’s.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher will come back to play Maddie Townsend: The third best friend, who has recently been separated from her husband Bill and lives as a single mother with three children in Serenity, California.
All three are confirmed to return, along with their supporting cast that includes:
- Chris Klein as Bill Townsend
- Justin Breuning as Cal Maddox
- Carson Rowland as Tyler Townsend
- Logan Allen as Kyle Townsend
- Anneliese Judge as Annie Sullivan
- Chris Medlin as Isaac Downey
- Dion Johnstone as Erik Whitley
- Jamie Lynn Spears as Noreen Fitzgerald
- Brandon Quinn as Ronnie Sullivan
- Michael Shenefelt as Ryan Wingate
Some additional actors are likely to be signed on but so far there is no news.
You may like: Ginny & Georgia Season 2
What will season 3 be about?
As mentioned by actress Joanna Garcia Swisher in an interview with ET, the next season will likely take us back to serenity and right where season 2 ended. She said that it’ll probably start “close to where we left off, ’cause I don’t think you can come back months later and say, ‘Whatever happened with Helen?’ and ‘Is Justin in jail?’ Why not go big or go home?”
Season 3 will answer all the major questions that we that were left open in the second season with a cliffhanger ending. Some of the big questions are:
Will Helen accept Ryan’s proposal or continue to pursue Erik?
What future holds for Cal and Maddie, the over-complicated couple. In the second season, Maddie distanced herself from him because of his anger issues.
What’s in store for Dana Sue? With Ronnie back to her side, everything was going good for her — until Miss Frances passed away and left her a bunch of money.
Plotlines like these are sure to be addressed, so all those Sweet Magnolia die heart fans can sit back and relax now until the next season is released.
How to watch Sweet Magnolia?
You can watch seasons 1 and 2 of this heart touching drama series only on Netflix.