Locke and Key Season 2: From release date, plot, to cast, everything you need to know about the second season of Locke and Key on Netflix.
- The first season of Locke and Key premiered on Feb 7, 2020. Netflix renewed the horror series for the second season in March 2020.
- Locke and Key season 2 will release on Oct 22, 2021.
‘Locke and Key’ is one of the most anticipated Netflix shows of 2021. Based on the comic book series of the same name by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodríguez, the first season premiered on Netflix on Feb 7, 2020. On Mar 30, 2020, Netflix officially renewed the show for a second season. In December 2020, the series was renewed for a third season. The renewal promised more keys and demons and, more aloha!
Though the first season received mixed reviews, there were critics who praised it and said that it has the potential to become of the best horror supernatural shows of all time. Now that ‘Locke and Key’ has been renewed, fans are super excited for its return. Fans want to know when the next season is arriving on Netflix. So, here we are, with all details about Locke and Key season 2:
Locke and Key Season 2 plot and what to expect
The show revolves around a Locke family, who decide to move from Seattle to Massachusetts to start a new life after a tragedy (Rendell Locke murder). The three Locke children along with their mother move to Rendell’s family home, Keyhouse. The children soon discover a number of mysterious keys in the house that let them open various magical doors. They soon realize that an evil force wants access to the keys for its own malevolent purposes.
Locke and Key Season 2 cast
All the core cast members mentioned below will return for the next season. Here’s a look at them:
- Darby Stanchfield as Nina Locke, the ancestor of the Locke family
- Connor Jessup as Tyler Locke, the eldest son of the Locke family
- Emilia Jones as Kinsey Locke, the middle child and only daughter of the Locke family
- Jackson Robert Scott as Bode Locke, the youngest son of the Locke family
- Petrice Jones as Scot Cavendish, Kinsey’s love interest
- Laysla De Oliveira as Echo/Dodge, the “well lady” of Keyhouse
- Griffin Gluck as Gabe, a new student at Matheson Academy, and Kinsey’s love interest.
The supernatural show also features Bill Heck, Aaron Ashmore, Sherri Saum, Thomas Mitchell Barnet, Kevin Alves, Genevieve Kang, Hallea Jones, Kolton Stewart, Asha Bromfield, Jesse Camacho, Eric Graise, Felix Mallard, Steven Williams, and Coby Bird.
Aaron Ashmore and Hallea Jones are promoted to series regulars. Brendan Hines has joined the cast to play Josh Bennett “a charismatic and mysterious new history teacher at Matheson Academy.”
Following two members have also joined the cast for the second season:
- Maya Misaljevic as Molly
- Tara Nicodemo as Mrs. Laffert
What is the production status?
The filming for the season was expected to begin on Aug 17, 2020, and end on Feb 15, 2021. However, due to COVID-19 disruptions, the makers managed to begin filming on Sep 21, 2020. The production wrapped up in March 2021.
Will Locke and Key season 2 release in 2021?
Yes, Locke and Key Season 2 is indeed coming in 2021. In fact, Netflix has announced the release date. Season 2 will hit Netflix on Oct 22, 2021.
New shows and movies usually drop on Netflix at midnight PST. So, Sweet Tooth season 1 will drop at 12:00 am on Oct 22, 2021. New content is released worldwide at the same time. Here’s Locke and Key Season 2 premiere timing in various time zones:
- Central time: 2 am on Friday, Oct 22, 2021.
- Eastern time: 3 am on Friday, Oct 22, 2021.
- British time: 8 am on Friday, Oct 22, 2021.
- Central European time: 9 am on Friday, Oct 22, 2021.
- India time: 12:30 pm on Friday, Oct 22, 2021.
- Australia time: 4:30 pm on Friday, Oct 22, 2021.
Do we have a trailer?
Yes, the trailer of Locke and Key second season was released on Oct 6, 2021. Watch it right here:
While we wait for season 2 to premiere, you can stream Locke and Key season 1 on Netflix.