Kalank box office prediction: Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan film to earn 22 crores on day one, 100+ crores in the first weekend.
Karan Johar’s magnum opus Kalank starring Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Sanjay Dutt, Madhuri Dixit, Aditya Roy Kapur and Sonakshi Sinha is all set to hit the theatres on Wednesday.
The expectations from the movie are huge as it is coming from one of the biggest production houses of Bollywood. The movie release on Wednesday, April 17, Mahavir Jayanti holiday, followed by a Good Friday holiday. The movie will enjoy a big extended 5 days opening weekend.
Kalank Box Office Prediction: Pre-release buzz
Kalank is one of the most awaited movies of the year. It has been in the news ever since its announcement last year. The movie has been making news for all the right reasons. Kalank looks grand, it has a stellar star cast. It seems to have all the ingredients of a blockbuster film. The promotional strategy followed by the publicity team has ensured that the movie releases with a good pre-release buzz.
Kalank: Positives and Negatives
1) Stellar star cast: Yesteryear superstars Madhuri Dixit and Sanjay Dutt to compliment young superstars Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt. Talented actors Aditya Roy Kapoor, Kunal Khemu, Sonakshi Sinha adds value to the star cast.
2) Huge buzz and good release date: The movie has created tremendous pre-release buzz thanks to Karan Johar’s promotional master plan. The stars have extensively promoted the movie on TV, radio, social media platforms.
3) Big 5 days extended weekend and no competition: With a big 5 days extended opening weekend including two big holidays, Kalank has a good chance to cross 100 crore mark. However, it all depends on the reviews and the word of mouth.
1) Mixed reaction to teaser and trailer: The trailer and teaser have received mixed reviews from the audience.
2) Competition with Hollywood biggies Avengers: Endgame: The most awaited Hollywood movie of all time Avengers: Endgame is releasing on 26 April 2019. Kalank will face stiff competition from this Hollywood biggie. So, Avengers has just 9 days to earn as much money as it can.
Kalank Expected First Day Collection
Kalank is the solo Bollywood release of the week. Karan Johar will ensure that the movie gets a grand release. I am expecting the movie to release on around 3500 to 3800 screens.
Considering the above positives and negatives, I am expecting Kalank to take a good opening of around 22 crores. It will become the biggest opening day grosser of 2019 beating Akshay Kumar’s Kesari (21.06 crores).
Kalank Expected Lifetime Collection
Kalank looks grand and seems to have all elements of a blockbuster movie. It has an additional advantage of an extended 5 days opening weekend. Having said that it all depends on the acceptance of the audience.
If accepted by the audience, Kalank has a good chance to earn 150 crores before the release of Avengers: Endgame. It seems that crossing 200 crore mark will be a tough job for the movie.
Kalank Box Office Prediction: Based on WOM (word of mouth) and other factors
Based on the above positives/negatives and WOM of the public, here is what we are expecting from the movie.
If WOM turns out positive
Opening day collection: 22 crores
First weekend collection (5 days): 100+ crores
First week collection (9 days): 145+ crores
Lifetime collection: 170+ crores
If WOM turns out mixed
Opening day collection: 22 crores
First weekend collection (5 days): 80+ crores
First week collection (9 days): 120+ crores
Lifetime collection: 135+ crores
If WOM turns out negative
Opening day collection: 222 crores
First weekend collection (5 days): 65+ crores
First week collection (9 days): 85+ crores
Lifetime collection: 90+ crores
What are your box office expectations from Kalank? Share your views with us in the comments section.