The sequel to 2013 sleeper hit Fukrey, Fukrey Returns will hit the theaters on 8 Dec 2017. Check the box office prediction of the film.
It’s been a terrible year for Bollywood as around 95% of the total movies released have bombed at the box office. The last clean hit of the year was Golmaal Again which was released on Diwali. Since then its been a flop show. All eyes are now on the movies scheduled for release in December. While Salman Khan’s Tiger Zinda Hai looks like a potential blockbuster, the other film which is making the audience crazy is Fukrey Returns. A sequel to 2013 sleeper hit Fukrey, the movie is slated for release on 8 Dec 2017. Let’s have a detailed look at Fukrey Returns box office prediction.
Fukrey Returns box office prediction: Positives and Negatives
1) A sequel to one of the most loved films of recent time. The fans are super excited for the film’s sequel.
2) Perfect release date: With no competition from previous week and upcoming week releases, it has a good chance to make it big at the box office.
3) Funny trailer: The trailer of the film has received superb response from the viewers and critics.
4) Genre: After the success of Golmaal Again and Judwaa 2, it is clear that the audience is looking for good family entertainers. The comic genre is still most favorite among the audience.
1) Expectations are too high: The first part of the film has achieved a cult status in last 5 years. The expectations are very high from the sequel. Sometime these expectations worked against the film. Let’s hope this is not the case here.
Our Expectations From Fukrey Returns
Considering all the above points, we expect the movie to take a decent start at the box office. As per our prediction, the first weekend collection of the film will be around 6 to 7 crores. It should earn around 25 crores in the first weekend unless the content turns out really poor.
Made on a budget of 30 crores, the movie needs to earn 50 crores to be called a hit at the box office. With the current buzz and the status the film has achieved, there are good chances that the film will be a hit. Still, box office results these days have been quite unpredictable and we need to wait for the actual results.
Fukrey Returns box office prediction and verdict (budget – 30 crores)
Opening day collection: 6 to 7 crores
If the word of mouth turns out positive
First Weekend: 25 to 27 crores
First Week: More than 42 crores
Lifetime collection: 70+ crores
Verdict: Super Hit
If the word of mouth turns out mixed
First Weekend: 22 to 24 crores
First Week: Less than 40 crores
Lifetime collection: Less than 60 crores
If the word of mouth turns out negative
First Weekend: 18 to 20 crores
First Week: Less than 35 crores
Lifetime collection: Less than 50 crores
Fukrey Returns is a sequel to 2013 sleeper hit Fukrey. All the members of the star cast remains the same. Let’s have a look at the movie details:
- Pulkit Samrat as Hunny
- Varun Sharma as Choocha
- Ali Fazal as Zafar
- Manjot Singh as Lali
- Richa Chadda as Bholi Punjaban
- Priya Anand as Priya Sharma
- Vishakha Singh as Neetu Raina
- Pankaj Tripathi as Pandit
- Makrand Deshpande as Father
- Rajpal Yadav (Special Appearance)
- Natasa Stankovic Special appearance in the song”Mehbooba”
Director: Mrighdeep Singh Lamba
Music: Sameer Uddin, Ram Sampath, Prem-Hardeep, Sumeet Bellary
Produced by: Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akshtar
Release Date: 8 Dec 2017
Budget: 30 crores
A look at the trailer of the film:
This is what we are expecting. It is one of the most awaited movies of the year. We know that you all are excited to watch Fukrapanti on the big screen. Tell us about your excitement for the movie in the comments section. What are your expectations from Fukrey Returns? Share your predictions with us.