Dilwale Vs Bajirao Mastani Box Office Prediction- Box Office collection prediction of the two most awaited releases of 2015.
It will be the clash of Titans on 18 Dec 2015, as two most awaiting movies of the year – Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani are all set to lock horns with each other on Box Office. While, everyone is quite assured that Rohit Shetty’s Dilwale will thrash Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Magnum opus Bajirao Mastani, I choose to defer from this general idea among masses. While both movies have created a huge buzz before their releases raising the anticipation for the D-Day, lets’ try to judge the fate of these movies through a detailed analysis of box office collection prediction.
Have a look at the Box Office prediction of Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani considering that the two movies will clash at the Box Office.
Dilwale marks the comeback of iconic Jodi of Kajol and SRK on the big screen. This Jodi has always created magic and the same is expected this time. Rohit Shetty and SRK are also reuniting after the super success of Chennai Express, so the expectation from this movie is enormous.
Advantages with Dilwale
1) Evergreen Jodi of SRK-Kajol
2) Rohit Shetty is a hit machine. He has a superb record when it comes to making commercially successful movies.
3) Genre- The movie is an action comedy as suggested from the trailer. This genre appeals to masses as well as classes.
Disadvantages with Dilwale
1) Competition with Bajirao Mastani: Bajirao Mastani in itself is a big project and will certainly eat up lots of screens as it is scheduled for same day release.
2) The content of the movie needs to be good if it has to make it in the blockbusters list. Something like Happy New Year will not be tolerated at all.
Bajirao Mastani is the most ambitious project of Sanjay Leela Bhansali till date. The ace director had initially planned this project with Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai way back in 2002. Though he was able to complete it in 2015 with a different star cast, SLB impressed us with the trailer of Bajirao Mastani. The movie has talented young blood like Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, and Priyanka Chopra in the main lead role.
Advantages with Bajirao Mastani
1) Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, and Priyanka Chopra are big names in Bollywood and taken seriously with their choice of movies.
2) The superb trailer released few days back has reawakened the low-lying buzz to a dramatically new high making it a strong competition for Dilwale.
Disadvantages with Bajirao Mastani
1) Competition with Dilwale: Dilwale will take hell lot of screens. It is expected that Bajirao will get 70% of the screens compared to Dilwale.
2) Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s track record isn’t great when it comes to delivering big hits at the Box Office.
As per my prediction, Dilwale will take a healthy lead initially because of its genre. We can’t expect a mind blowing movie from Rohit Shetty in terms of content so Dilwale won’t be having a long run at the Box Office, the slump will be evident from the first weekday at the box office. Bajirao Mastani on another hand may prove to be a dark horse at the Box Office and would rely mostly on the word of mouth for its success.
Dilwale Vs Bajirao Mastani Box Office Prediction
|Budget||150 Crores||130 Crores|
|Expected screen count||3500 screens||2000 to 2100 screens|
|Lifetime collection (If WOM turns out to be good)||240 to 260 crores||130 to 150 crores|
|Lifetime collection (If WOM turns out to be mixed)||180 to 200 crores||90 to 110 crores|
|Lifetime collection (If WOM turns out to be poor)||140 to 160 crores||60 to 70 crores|
There is no doubt that Dilwale will be the bigger hit at the Box Office because of SRK. However, we can’t ignore Bajirao Mastani as the trailer has created a huge buzz and even with the lifetime collection of 100 crores the movie will be considered as a big hit at the Box Office.
What are your views on Dilwale Vs Bajirao Mastani Box Office prediction? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.