Zoya Akhtar’s Dil Dhadakne Do is all set to hit the theaters tomorrow amidst the lot of expectations. Well, the reviews from the top critics are out and as expected the movie is liked by most of them. The reviews received so far has been excellent and Dil Dhadakne Do team has every reason to party now. Without wasting any time, let’s see how the top critics of the country have reviewed Dil Dhadakne Do.
1) Surabhi Redkar from Koimoi: Dil Dhadakne Do is not a massy film and that is where it may lose a good chunk of its audience. The film has a distinctive approach towards familial bonds and that may not go well with everyone. Dil Dhadakne Do is not everyone’s cup of tea. It is a high society drama that may tackle regular family issues too but may not suffice as entertainment for all. I am going with a 3/5 for this niche family drama.
Read the complete critic review @ koimoi.com
2) Taran Adarsh from Bollywood Hungama: DIL DHADAKNE DO is a film that is targeted primarily to the multiplex audience and would resonate well with today’s youth. On the other hand, the single screen audiences might find it difficult to comprehend the film’s proceedings. On the whole, if you want to understand the nitty-gritty’s (read ‘the do’s and don’ts) of a complex family relationship, then, do yourself and your family a favour by taking them to meet the Mehras this weekend. In simple words, DIL DHADAKNE DO makes for a decent watch.
Read the complete critic review @ Bollywoodhungama.com
3) Srijana Mitra Das from TOI: Dil Dhadakne Do redefines the Bollywood family drama. It goes behind the glossy grins of Indian family life, presenting screaming, sobbing dysfunction, heart-ripping extramarital affairs, bitter gender discrimination and heavy parental control. Yet, it has a light hand, not preachy but breezy while sensitively making modern points.
Read the complete critic review @ TOI.com
4) Shubha Saha Frm Midday: This is a classic example of how when a pertinent, contemporary story (Reema Kagti, Zoya Akhtar) meets a stellar star cast and near perfect direction (Zoya Akhtar), it results in a wholesome film good enough to be taken home to mum.
Read the complete critic review @ mid-day.com
5) Priyanka Prasad from Filmibeat: This high society family drama where there is no place for emotions is super entertaining and is a must watch. A high energy movie that should not be missed, so book your tickets fast!
Read the complete critic review @ filmibeat.com
Dil Dhadakne Do Overall Rating: 3.6/5
Dil Dhadakne Do Verdict: The movie will not appeal to masses hence expecting big numbers at Box Office would not be a good idea. The movie may end up as a moderate hit. See complete Box Office Predictions
Did you get the chance to watch Dil Dhadakne Do. Share your Dil Dhadakne Do Review with us in comments section.