Why Dhoom 3 Box Office Collections went Big in 10 Days
Bollywood has once again made an excellent ending with Dhoom 3 being the last card and probably the Ace for 2013. The circus thriller with Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif has set incredible new heights for the Indian film industry
Dhoom is creating records like anything. With every passing day a new record is broken by Dhoom 3. The interesting thing is Dhoom 3 was able to keep up a consistent collection of around 20 Crores in the first week. The run of 20 Crores were also maintained during Second Weekend. Dhoom 3 has been averaging around 12 Crores in weekdays (2nd week). This is quite exceptional as in most of the cases collections falls to 50% on first week day itself.
Dhoom 3 has delivered on all levels of expectations and anticipations. This has not only made Dhoom 3 fly above records but also go beyond expectations.
Dhoom 3’s success is thus not a surprise for Bollywood pundits . Ever since the announcement was made for Dhoom 3 with Aamir Khan in lead role, filmi gurus were waiting eagerly for its release and after all the calculative speculations the movie was finally released on 20 Dec 2013.
What works for Dhoom 3 is the out of Box marketing strategy of Yash Raj and Aamir Khan. Promotions of the movie were carried out in tenuous way. No big events were organized, no big press releases, no interviews of star-cast, resulting in big anticipation level.
For the first time Box Office bookings were made open one month before the release. The multiplexes and cinema halls were compelled to allow pre-bookings because of high public demand.
The movie’s first record was ‘highest on-line pre-booked tickets‘, beating Salman Khan’s Ek Tha Tiger (2012).
Essential Factors that Clicked
Others factors which played a major role in the Box Office success of the movie are
- Aamir Khan’s perfectionist performance: Aamir Khan created magic as a super chor and circuit acrobat. No one wold have imagined Aamir doing such as role but the actor has surprised everyone with his acting and action skills.
- Action Sequences: Mind boggling action sequences and incredible visual effects also played an important role.
- Big release of the movie: Dhoom 3 was released on 4500 screens in India and 700 screens overseas thus no space for other releases.
- No Competition: No big releases till 10 Jan 2014: There is no competition for Dhoom 3 as such. Next big release in Yaariyan so the movie has 20 full days and that too including Christmas and New year eve.
- Kamli: Yes, Katrina Kaif’s Electrifying Dance number is the highest searched video song these days and it should not come as a surprise if someone states this being a reason for watching Dhoom 3.
Dhoom 3 has broken all possible Box Office records in India and Overseas. With each passing day Dhoom 3 Box Office Collections are still in a strong situation.
Dhoom 3 box office collections is on a record streak and will continue to create Dhoom for the next few days. It may end up with setting difficult records.
Waiting for the movie to cross 300 crores at Indian and 500 crores overall.