From Furious 8 To Avengers: Furious 8, The Jungle Book And Avengers Are The Top 10 Opening Day Hollywood Grossers In India.
The market for Hollywood movies has grown exponentially in India in the last couple of years. The fan following of Hollywood movies have seen an upward trend in last five years or so. Hollywood movies especially those of sci-fi, action, superhero and adventures genre have minted huge money at the Indian box office. On many occasion, they have given a tough fight to the Bollywood releases. For example, last year Hollywood biggie, The Jungle Book was the third highest grosser of 2016 beating biggies like Houseful 3, Airlift and ADHM.
The 8th instalment of famous Fast & Furious series, The Fate Of The Furious was released yesterday and got off to a super opening. It earned around 9 crores (nett) on the first day. Furious 8 registered the fourth highest opening day of all time. Let’s have a look at Top 10 opening day Hollywood grossers in India.
1. Fast & Furious 7 (2015) – 12 crores
2. The Avengers – Age Of Ultron (2015) – 10.96 crores
3. The Jungle Book (2016) – 10.12 crores
4. Fast & Furious 8 (2017) – 9 crores
5. Captain America (2016) – 8.46 crores
6. Batman v Superman (2016) – 7.93 crores
7. The Amazing Spiderman 2 (2014) – 7.48 crores
8. Return Of Xander Cage (2017) – 7.21 crores
9. The Amazing Spiderman (2012) – 6.77 crores
10. Jurassic World (2016) – 6.23 crores
Which is your favourite movie from the above list? Share your views with us in the comments section.