Imtiaz Ali’s romantic directorial Jab Harry Met Sejal is an inconsistent film. Unquestionably it’s not his finest one ever. But Jab Harry Met Sejal is a film worth adoring if you have the endurance to go through the romance which doesn’t grip stalking. We are aware of the negative reviews the film has been getting, but Jab Harry Met Sejal is not everyone’s cup of tea, it is bound to get troublesome reactions.
Moreover, this one is different from Shah Rukh Khan’s romantic films that we’ve seen till date. It’s something which many people may not find so easy to grasp. We have made a list of five reasons why Imtiaz Ali has made an extremely different movie for Shah Rukh Khan.
1. There’s no massive entry scene – In the movie, Shah Rukh Khan has a very usual entry scene, where the actor is seen presenting a group of tourists around, followed by a song (Safar) which portrays his routine existence.
2. No signature pose – Yes, if you are anticipating SRK to do his famous signature pose even once, then Jab Harry Met Sejal is not the film that you’re looking for.
3. Shah Rukh Khan kisses on-screen yet again and this time, it isn’t odd – SRK broke his no-kissing guidelines for Katrina Kaif in 2012’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan. In Jab Harry Met Sejal, he does it again, but this time with Sejal aka Anushka Sharma. Contrasting the last time, the kiss in JHMS is less embarrassed and more cherished.
4. SRK plays a regular womanizer – We all know, King Khan has played a flirty guy in many of his movies. Though, in this one, his womanizing habits are not for the chuckles; it’s an obligation for him to fill the blankness in his heart as well as to recompense for the nostalgia to go back.
5. No flowery dialogues – Contrasting with the other SRK movies, the dialogues written for him in Jab Harry Met Sejal are more to-the-point but less flowery. So don’t look forward to him to be expressive about love and affection, as he did in DDLJ, Mohabbatein, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai or Kal Ho Naa Ho.
Overall, Jab Harry Met Sejal is a funny, unabashed love story. It’s a different type of love story, which is not everyone’s cup of tea. The film has 9 songs, composed by Pritam and penned by Irshad Kamil. Beautiful locales of Europe, Harry’s wit and humour, Anushka’s Gujju accent, Imtiaz Ali’s direction is worth a watch. Stay tuned for more updates!