Aamir Khan’s Dangal is all set to hit the theatres on this Friday. The movie has created tremendous buzz before release and the trade experts have huge expectations from it. The expectations are bound to be high as Aamir Khan’s Christmas releases over the past few years have been ATBBs at the Box Office. He is the pioneer of 100 crores, 200 crore and 300 crores club of Bollywood. Many Box Office records will be under threat from 23 Dec 2016. Let’s have a look at the Box Office records of 2016 that Aamir Khan’s Dangal can break. Read: Dangal Box Office Prediction
- Highest opening day of 2016: Currently Salman Khan’s Sultan is the highest opening day grosser with the collection of 36.54 crores. This one looks tough as the movie is releasing on a normal weekday. Still, with Aamir Khan you can’t say anything.
- Highest opening weekend of 2016: Aamir Khan’s Dangal needs to earn 105.53+ crores to topple Salman Khan’s Sultan which is currently the highest opening weekend grosser of 2016.
- Highest opening week of 2016: Aamir Khan’s Dangal needs to earn 208.82+ crores to topple Salman Khan’s Sultan which is currently the highest opening week grosser of 2016.
- Highest second day collection of all time: Sultan now holds the record of having the highest day 2 collection with Rs 37.32 crore. With Saturday being a holiday for Christmas eve, we can expect Dangal to break this record.
- Top Bollywood grosser of 2016: With 300.5 crores, Sultan is currently the highest grossing movie of 2016. This Box Office record will be under screw as Aamir Khan has a knack of delivering blockbuster movies at the Box Office. His last four Christmas releases have been has been the highest grosser of the year.
Well, the court is in Aamir Khan’s court now. We need to see if he is up for this challenge. Meanwhile, you can share your thoughts and tell us if Dangal will manage to break these five Box Office records of 2016.